- This event has passed.
January 27, 2022 @ 10:00 am - January 28, 2022 @ 4:00 pm| £250.00
During this 2-day workshop, you will be taught the following techniques:
- Choosing the appropriate glaze for the clay and type of firing (electric or reduction gas kiln).
- Planning how to glaze a piece of work.
- Pouring and dipping.
- Use of glazing tongs.
- Wax resist, layering and double-dipping.
- Touching up finger marks and preparing for firing.
- Decorating with colouring oxides, ceramic under and overglaze colours.
- Using wax for foot rings and lids.
Please bring a selection (no more than 10) of your own bisque fired work to glaze during the course. All glazing materials and basic tools are provided for this course. After the course, the pots will be fired and can be collected from the Clay College or shipping can be arranged.
Situated in the historic Middleport Pottery, the College offers a creative environment and excellent facilities including a potter’s wheel for each student.
Please note: There will be plenty of tea, coffee, biscuits, and fruit for you to help yourself to throughout the days but lunch is not provided on this course.
Clay College is a not-for-profit organisation so all the proceeds from our masterclasses support the work we do.
Please visit our full Terms and Conditions for bookings and cancellations here: www.claycollegestoke.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/