Terms and Conditions of Booking
Full payment is needed to secure a place in any class/masterclass. By booking onto a class/masterclass you agree to Clay College’s Refund and Cancellation Policies.
Our classes/masterclasses will state the range of ability required. This will be clearly stated in the description. Please make sure the class/masterclass is suitable for your ability BEFORE you book your place. If you have any questions, please contact us
We do not accept enrolments on our courses from anyone under the age of 16 years, unless stated in the course details.
Due to the nature of Clay College and the limited enrolment on our courses:
- If you cancel your booking more than 30 days before the start date of the class/masterclass you will receive a full refund.
- If you cancel your booking more than 14 days before the start date of the class/masterclass you will receive a 50% refund.
- If you cancel less than 14 days before the start date of the class/masterclass or you attend and feel unable to continue you will not receive a refund.
- If you find you are unable to attend, you may of course send someone in your place. Please let us know that person’s name before the day so we may welcome them to the class.
- Please let us know of any allergies or health issues.
- As a courtesy, we will re-advertise your place online. There is no guarantee it will sell, but if it does, we will issue you a 90% refund.
Unfortunately, we cannot be held responsible for any disruptions in your travel arrangements. We urge customers to allocate plenty of time to travel allowing for any delays. Stoke-on-Trent can be very congested at peak times and can also be affected by disruption on the M6.
In the event of Clay College being unable to run a course because of circumstances outside of our control the course may need to be postponed to a later date or possibly cancelled. If cancelled by Clay College, a full refund will be given.
There are up to 14 places in each practical class. There are up to 50 on a demonstration masterclass. In the event of there not being enough people booked the class will, unfortunately, have to be cancelled. We will give at least 72 hrs notice and participants will have a choice of booking on to another date or a full refund will be issued.
We will not be held liable for any other costs or expenses that you may incur in the event of cancellation by us.
Unless otherwise stated our classes are for adults. We welcome anyone aged 18 or older, for legal reasons, cannot accept attendees who are aged 17 or under. We reserve the right to refuse to teach anyone who is under 18 on the day and a refund will not be given.
Most of our masterclasses/classes will be in the Clay College studio. The studio is on the second floor of the Prince of Wales studio this is only accessible via a flight of stairs. We are sorry to say we cannot provide wheelchair access. Anyone who attends the events must be able to use the stairs. BEFORE booking please contact us if this may be an issue.
Code of Conduct
Disruptive, abusive or inappropriate behaviour, language or threatening behaviour towards staff, volunteers or other participants will result in you being asked to leave the studio. The class/masterclass fee will not be reimbursed in this event.
Please be punctual (unless prevented by events which are beyond reasonable control.)
You must comply with all rules and regulations issued by Clay College or the Tutor and pay particular attention to any requirements regarding dress or the wearing of protective equipment. Closed toe shoes should be worn at all times, long hair tied back and any jewellery removed.
You are asked to leave the learning spaces as you find them.
Clay College is not liable for any loss or damage to your personal property.